WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - Officials say that a suspect in the puppy mill case that happened in Eden in April of 2016 was found competent to stand trial on Friday.
According to the Wicomico County State's Attorney, 68-year-old Susan Murphy of Eden, was found competent to stand trial on Friday. Her trial is set for October 23.
Murphy was charged with 96 counts of animal cruelty after 300 dogs were taken from a Cooper Road property in Eden in April 2016. Her husband, Robert, who was also charged, was found incompetent to stand trial earlier this year after a stroke.
Robert Murphy has a review hearing set for October 27.
The Wicomico County Humane Society described the conditions of the mistreated dogs from the puppy milll case as deplorable when rescued.
- UPDATE: Hiring process open for upcoming Chick-Fil-A in Millsboro
- MLK III calls out President Trump on alleged immigration comments
- Va. panel votes down push for stricter gun laws
- Md. Governor creates new office in response to paid sick leave
- UPDATE: Wanted man arrested in connection with Del. burglaries
- Va. Senate panel votes to raise felony theft threshold