WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - Officials say that a suspect in the puppy mill case that happened in Eden in April of 2016 was found competent to stand trial on Friday.
According to the Wicomico County State's Attorney, 68-year-old Susan Murphy of Eden, was found competent to stand trial on Friday. Her trial is set for October 23.
Murphy was charged with 96 counts of animal cruelty after 300 dogs were taken from a Cooper Road property in Eden in April 2016. Her husband, Robert, who was also charged, was found incompetent to stand trial earlier this year after a stroke.
Robert Murphy has a review hearing set for October 27.
The Wicomico County Humane Society described the conditions of the mistreated dogs from the puppy milll case as deplorable when rescued.
- Wanted Seaford man arrested on drug and gun charges
- A look at current weather conditions in Ocean City and Cambridge
- Wicomico Co. real estate agent, council candidate arrested on DUI charges
- Md. man convicted in 2017 death of 18-day-old child
- Senior citizen guilty in Wicomico Co. sex abuse case
- Del. DOC searching for wanted Dover inmate