EASTON, Md. - Deputies say that they are investigating a fire that happened at an empty home in Easton on Thursday evening.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says that at 6:25 PM on Tuesday evening, 40 firefighters responded to a blaze at a home on Dutchman's Lane in Easton.
It took an hour and a half to control the fire, and the fire was discovered by a passerby. Deputies say that the estimated loss of the home was $165,000.
The blaze began in the second floor bedroom and the cause of the fire is under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call Deputy State Fire Marshals in the Easton office at 410-822-7609.
- Four arrested for drug sales and possession near one year old
- Fatal vehicle accident on route 50 seven others injured.
- Businesses hope to attract new customers with festive event
- Travon Miles trains for his redemption with the Globetrotters
- Code Purple in full effect in Sussex County
- Perdue helps Salvation Army spread Christmas cheer for local kids