SALISBURY, Md. - McDonald's all across the Eastern Shore welcomed walk in applicants Thursday as part of their Hiring Day initiative.
Officials with the company said they were aiming to hire 400 new employees.
At their location in North Salisbury, store manager Alana Gonzales said they were hiring for were hiring for crew positions to staff their store and McDonalds's in Ocean City for the summer season.
Gonzales said the positions are not just seasonal and that once you're hired you're officially part of the McDonalds team where employees have potential to rise quickly.
'Basically you come in, if you do good, take on the job and you understand what they're expecting of you very quickly you can go up. You can become crew trainer in six months, you can become a floor supervisor directly after that, you can become a swing manager within a year," Gonzales said.
For Gonzales she's experienced that rise first hand.
As a 16-year-old,she began working with McDonalds and with hard work rose up quickly through the ranks. Now at age 25, Gonzales is already a store manager.
For those that missed out on hiring day, Gonzales said prospective employees can apply in-store or online.
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.
- UPDATE: Gold Alert canceled for Harrington man
- Two charged in connection to Accomack County rape investigation