SALISBURY, Md. - McDonald's all across the Eastern Shore welcomed walk in applicants Thursday as part of their Hiring Day initiative.
Officials with the company said they were aiming to hire 400 new employees.
At their location in North Salisbury, store manager Alana Gonzales said they were hiring for were hiring for crew positions to staff their store and McDonalds's in Ocean City for the summer season.
Gonzales said the positions are not just seasonal and that once you're hired you're officially part of the McDonalds team where employees have potential to rise quickly.
'Basically you come in, if you do good, take on the job and you understand what they're expecting of you very quickly you can go up. You can become crew trainer in six months, you can become a floor supervisor directly after that, you can become a swing manager within a year," Gonzales said.
For Gonzales she's experienced that rise first hand.
As a 16-year-old,she began working with McDonalds and with hard work rose up quickly through the ranks. Now at age 25, Gonzales is already a store manager.
For those that missed out on hiring day, Gonzales said prospective employees can apply in-store or online.
- Gov. Hogan urges reauthorization of children's health program
- Two flown to Shock Trauma after four-vehicle crash in Easton
- Police: Trash truck fire closes down highway for over an hour in Talbot Co.
- Berlin home engulfed in blaze; Investigation ongoing
- Md. lawmakers update policy on sexual harassment
- United States budget deficit totals $138.5 billion in November