OCEAN CITY, Md. - A woman was sentenced to time in prison for killing her father using heroin, in Ocean City.
The Office of the State's Attorney for Worcester County says on Wednesday, 29-year-old Justeen Whittaker, of Dover, was found guilty of manslaughter for her involvement in the 2017 death of her father, 50-year-old Nathaniel Whittaker.
On October 24, Whittaker injected her father heroin at his request as he was too intoxicated to inject himself. Whittaker apparently confessed this information in an interview with the Ocean City Police Department.
Authorities report that Nathaniel Whittaker was found lying face up on the far side of the bed furthest from the door, in room 308 of the Americana Hotel. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to the forensic pathologist with the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for Maryland, Whittaker died as a result of a fentanyl overdose.
Twenty-nine-year-old Whittaker was sentenced to eight years in the Department of Corrections with all but three years suspended, and two and a half years of supervised probation following her release.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria