POCOMOKE CITY, Md. - A shooting is under investigation, after deputies say that a woman was shot in the stomach, in Pocomoke City, on Sunday morning.
According to the Worcester County Bureau of Investigation, at 1:04 AM on Sunday morning, Pocomoke City Police Department responded to shots fired at the American Legion on Bypass Road, in Pocomoke.
Upon arrival, officers learned that multiple gunshots were fired outside in the parking lot of the American Legion. The Worcester Bureau of Investigation was contacted and responded to the scene.
They learned that the victim, a 28-year-old woman, suffered a minor injury to the stomach, as a result of a bullet while she was sitting in her vehicle in the front parking lot of the American Legion.
The bullet did not go through her. She was transported to Peninsula Regional Medical Center and is currently receiving treatment for non-life threatening injuries. Maryland State Police Crime Scene technicians responded and processed the scene where numerous shell casings were found.
This incident remains under investigation by Pocomoke City PD with assistance from the Worcester County Bureau of Investigation.
Investigators are asking anyone with information to call the Worcester Bureau of Investigation at 410-632-1111 or Lower Eastern Shore Crime Solvers at 410-548-1776. Callers can stay anonymous.
- Police asking for the public's help in identifying burglary suspect
- Police arrest Delaware man in connection with burglaries
- Ceremony unveils new Riverwalk Amphitheater as part of downtown revitalization
- A women's tournament underway with heavy payout
- Vaccine preventable diseases a threat as school begins
- Health Officials: Get children vaccinated before school starts