SALISBURY, Md. - Deputies say that a sofa was intentionally set on fire in Salisbury, on Friday.
According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office, Salisbury firefighters responded to a blaze, on Delaware Avenue, at 3:08 p.m. on Friday.
Officials say that the fire took five minutes to control, it was discovered by a passerby and it started on a sidewalk.
The estimated loss of the discarded sofa was $500. The sofa had reportedly been throw away and was supposed to be hauled away to landfill.
Officials say that the heat from the fire extended and caused damage to the outside of the home.
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria
- Del. man guilty on gun charge relating to 2017 video