SALISBURY, Md. - After the deadly shooting at a South Florida high school, Wicomico County deputies announce that they will hold an active shooter training event later this month.
The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says a Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE) training will be held on February 27 at the Allen Memorial Baptist Church. The church is located at 1303 Snow Hill Road, in Salisbury. The training session is set for 6:00 PM through 9:00 PM.
Authorities invite the public to come learn how to increase your chances of surviving an active shooter event or other critical incident. Officials say the training is designed and built on the Avoid, Deny, Defend approach developed by ALERRT in 2004, and provides strategies, guidance and a proven plan for surviving an active shooter event.The training is sponsored by the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office and the Maryland State Police.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office at 410-548-4891.
- Attorney weighs insanity defense in newspaper shooting
- Residents asked to write concerns down regarding potential Oak Orchard expansion
- Changes coming for ECI staffing process
- Closures to expect as the National Folk Festival
- Invasive Asian tick has made its way to Virginia and Maryland
- Back to School: Find the right backpack to prevent neck and shoulder pain