DENTON, Md. - Police in Denton are investigating a stabbing that happened Saturday afternoon and sent one man to the hospital in critical condition.
At around 4:35 PM, officers responded to the 400 block of South Fifth Avenue for a report that a victim was suffering from a stab wound, officials said. There police say officers found a 25-year-old Greensboro man with serious stab wounds. EMS technicians responded and took the man to the hospital.
A witness report led police to an apartment in the 800 block of Market Street, the location where the stabbing reportedly happened. With a search warrant, police entered the apartment along with the Maryland State Police Crime Lab to begin collecting evidence.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information related to this stabbing is asked to call the Denton Police Department at 410-479-1414, with the case number being 1704220024. Tips can also be submitted anonymously at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The stabbing victim underwent several hours of emergency surgery and was last listed in critical condition, officials said.
- UMES celebrates Pi Day by attempting to set a record
- February's 'Teacher Who Makes A Difference'
- Cambridge Marketplace on schedule for completion
- Toys-R-Us said to be planning to liquidate its operations in U.S.
- Delaware DHSS will train 1,000 staff members based on trauma
- Local schools like Cape Henlopen High School participate in National School Walk Out