PRINCESS ANNE, Md. - A political hopeful says Somerset County needs to do better. At Peaky's Restaurant in Princess Anne Saturday, Kirkland Hall Sr., running for the District 38A seat, held a fundraising event and shared his reasons why he is running.
In the building were Democratic candidates from Wicomico and Worcester County, also running for delegate seats.
Some young people interested in getting involved in local government also came out to the rally.
The meeting was called, not just to raise funds, but to also get local candidates on the same page for the upcoming campaigns.
"Somerset County has a number of problems. We're the poorest county in the state of Maryland, unemployment is the highest in the state of Maryland," says Kirkland Hall Sr. "We have so many kids living in poverty, families in poverty. So, my goal is come up with some strategies how to correct that. For the last thirty years that's what we've ranked, last in the state. So it's time for a change."
You will soon be able to support Hall at kirklandhall.com, we're told that website will be up and running in a week.
- Deputies: Over 400 grams of marijuana found during search in Wicomico Co.; one arrested
- UPDATE: Laurel man guilty in 2017 shooting in Sussex Co.
- Del. board revokes doctor's license over painkiller prescriptions
- Deputies: Nine-year-old identity theft incident remains under investigation in Queen Anne's Co.
- DSP: Over 140 bags of heroin found on path of foot pursuit in Felton; one arrested
- Some services restored after outage impacts BB&T Bank, customers; investigation ongoing