47 ABC - It's a day dedicated to dads and one that many folks on Delmarva celebrate each year.
But where did Father's Day begin.
Well it began on July 19, 1910, but only in the state of Washington, that's according to the History Channel. Although, it wasn't until 1972 that the day for honoring dads became a nationwide holiday.
We had a chance to ask some locals what they do to celebrate Father's Day and here's what they had to say:
"We're going to have a good Father's Day, we all get together and have a great time, it's a great time of the year."
Another adding, "My family likes to get together with my dad with my grandfather, my brother-in-law and we do crabs on Father's Day and then the mothers clean everything up so the dads can just hang out and or nap, whatever they like to do."
However its celebrated, 47 ABC would like to wish a Happy Father's Day to all those dads out there.
- Gun in carry-on leads to charges against Delaware senator
- Dover man sentenced after being caught with a gun twice in six months
- Cheswold man sentenced after raping, then trying to hire someone to kill his wife
- Carper says repealing ACA would cripple the fight against opioid addiction
- Millsboro man pleads guilty to robbery and other charges
- Rehoboth man convicted of robbery and carjacking