PRINCESS ANNE, Md. - The defense for a Baltimore man indicted on 14 charges including murder and child abuse in a deadly Princess Anne hammer attack has filed a motion to declare him not criminally responsible.
Online court records show the defense is also asking for an examination report to be completed on Sharef Hayward by the health department to plead their case. This report is set to be submitted within 60 days
Hayward is accused of attacking his girlfriend Airealle Sells and her children with a knife and hammer. The 25 year old mother died about a week later.
Hayward's criminal trial is set for May 22 in Somerset County Circuit Court.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria