PRINCESS ANNE, Md. - The defense for a Baltimore man indicted on 14 charges including murder and child abuse in a deadly Princess Anne hammer attack has filed a motion to declare him not criminally responsible.
Online court records show the defense is also asking for an examination report to be completed on Sharef Hayward by the health department to plead their case. This report is set to be submitted within 60 days
Hayward is accused of attacking his girlfriend Airealle Sells and her children with a knife and hammer. The 25 year old mother died about a week later.
Hayward's criminal trial is set for May 22 in Somerset County Circuit Court.
- Man charged for allegedly possessing LSD in Del.
- Trump administration asks high court to halt sanctuary cities ruling
- Del. revenue estimate rises again as budget votes near
- Man arrested on multiple drugs charges in Dover
- UPDATE: New Charlottesville police chief sworn in
- Florida man arrested on theft charges in Del.