JESSUP, Md. - (AP) - A prisoner recaptured by authorities after six days on the run will remain at the Howard County Detention Center.
A judge had ordered David Watson's transfer to Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center for a competency evaluation, but the Howard County State's Attorney's Office said Monday that agencies involved decided an evaluation by a visiting doctor at the detention center was best.
The 28-year-old serving more than 100 years in Delaware for a drive-by shooting that left bullet holes in an officer's house is charged in Wicomico County with attempted murder. Officials say on April 28, Watson escaped from the parking lot of the hospital, where he was to undergo an evaluation. He was found nearby six days later.
Watson is charged in Howard County with escape and assault.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria