CAMBRIDGE, Md. - In Cambridge, residents are about to see a lot more visitors come April.
American Cruise Line Inc. has added Cambridge to their tour along the Chesapeake Bay. It's something the city has been waiting for for years.
Cambridge is one of the only cities along the Chesapeake that has a deep water port big enough to dock the larger cruise lines.
But for years, cruises only used it to fuel up.
That is until April, when the new ship the American Constitution will stop in Cambridge as part of a new American Revolutionary itinerary.
"We're one of the few places on the Chesapeake where the larger cruise lines can come and dock and we have such rich history here. That is very authentic, it has a very authentic feeling and the vibe here that I think people are looking for," says Katie Clendaniels, Executive Director for Cambridge Main Street.
Clendaniels says this will definitely bring more foot traffic to the downtown area. She also adds that once people experience the city, they can't help but come back.
- PRMC now offers minimally invasive brain surgery
- Salisbury traffic stop leads to drug charges for Pa. man
- Foodie Friday: Watermen's Inn
- UPDATE: International sex offender sentenced for rape of Del. child
- UPDATE: Wanted inmate in custody after escape from Del. correctional center
- Police search for suspects involved in Milford strong armed robbery