CRISFIELD, Md. - Maryland State Police say that a Somerset County man was arrested for rape charges of a minor on Tuesday.
The suspect is identified as 22-year-old Savon Douglas of Somers Cove in Crisfield. Douglas was arrested without incident and charged with second degree rape, second degree sex offense, third degree sex offense and perverted practice. Douglas is currently being held at the Somerset County Detention Center.
Investigators from Maryland State Police received information from the Somerset County Department of Social Service about the possible rape of a 12-year-old girl. As a result of the investigation, Douglas was identified as a suspect.
An arrest warrant for the charges was obtained. Earlier on Tuesday, Douglas was taken to the Somerset County District Court Commissioner's Office for a hearing and ordered to be held on a temporary commitment.
- Centuries old Harcum family farm in jeopardy
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard