CRISFIELD, Md. - Complaints from citizens and business owners in Wicomico County led to a Maryland State Police investigation today that resulted in multiple arrests for prostitution solicitation.
As a result of the operation, five individuals were arrested. One of those was 45-year-old Crisfield Councilman Paul Erik Emely, also known in some circles as DJ Flea.
Details are limited right now but City Manager Rick Pollitt confirmed it was their council member. They are currently looking for legal assistance.
He was charged with solicitation for prostitution.
He has been taken to the Wicomico County Central Booking Center for processing and an initial appearance before a court commissioner.
The other arrests include:
Wendell Travers 74 years old, Cambridge MD
William Edgar Jackson Jr 71 years old, of Cambridge MD
Horace Linwood Wilson Jr 52 years old, of Georgetown DE
Erica Shante Reviere 32 years old, of Fayetteville NC
- Delaware 'red-flag' gun measure poised for final vote
- Brightside: Shore Up! Connecting and Educating Families
- Salisbury prepares for 2019 fiscal year
- Police: Gold Alert Canceled; Milford man found safe
- Accomack County courthouse to undergo repairs
- Opioid program shows significant results in it's first year