WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - A Virginia man will spend the next two decades behind bars for having sex with a minor.
The Office of the State's Attorney for Wicomico County says that an Accomack County man was sentenced after he had sex with a 14-year-old girl, in Wicomico County.
Fifty-nine year-old Dallas Fenton met the 14-year-old through an app called Whisper. Fenton had sexual conversations with the minor before he began video chatting with the girl using Skype. Between April 2016 and May 2016, Fenton traveled from Accomack County to Wicomico County four times where he had sex with the teen. At one point, he had sex with the juvenile on the side of the road and then dropped her off at a middle school dance.
In June 2017, Fenton was convicted of eight counts of third degree sex offense, sexual solicitation of a minor, and indecent exposure. On Wednesday, the 59-year-old sentenced to 38 years in prison with all but 23 years suspended.
After being released from prison, Fenton will have five years of supervised probation including extensive supervision by the Collaborative Offender Management Enforced Treatment team. Fenton will be required to register as a Tier II sex offender on the Maryland Sex Offender Registry.
This case was prosecuted by the Senoir Assistant State's Attorney with the assistance of the Wicomico County Child Advocay Center.
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing
- U.S. Supreme Court: Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection is narrow
- Police: Suspects unsuccessful in getting property during Dover home invasion; investigation ongoing
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.