BERLIN, Md. - Coastal Hospice has created a new volunteer group that will benefit their patients.
Coastal Hospice serves patients in the four counties: Dorchester, Wicomico, Worcester and Somerset.
And this close-knit group is hoping to serve those patients.
Each hand stitching five inches and passing it to the next set of fingers.
One of their volunteers Maggie Miller says, "It’s hard to get people to volunteer an entire blanket but we thought if we got a bunch of people together we could pass the blanket around and we can all knit and it would be interesting for everybody."
Besides knitting these blankets, they are also making twiddle muffs for those battling dementia. It helps them calm down and gives them something to focus on.
We are told these handmade gifts are not only comforting for the cold nights. But it's also warming patient's hearts.
They are looking to expand the group in other counties throughout the area.
If you decide to join make sure to bring washable yarn.
They meet every other Monday, above the yarn shop called A Little Bit Sheepish.
If you'd like to join the group, contact their Manager of Volunteer Services, Sally Rankin at 410-742-8732.
- Traffic Alert: 123rd St & Coastal Hwy closed due to down power line in Ocean City
- Police: Over 1,000 bags of heroin found at Dover hotel; two charged
- Salisbury Chamber Of Commerce Supports Offshore Wind
- Battleground over fossil fuel drilling comes to heart of Delaware
- Gov. John Carney says First State is strong, but more needs to be done
- Hogan's budget could cut millions of funding for school programs