SALISBURY, Md. - Ribbons were cut Saturday at the Salisbury-Ocean City Wicomico Regional Airport for the newly renovated runway.
The runway was built in 1943 and this year received a complete rebuild.
The project commenced in March of this year, taking less than nine months to complete.
County councilman John Hall says this type of attention to infrastructure is what the county needs.
"We need to continue to grow with those type of resources and at the same time encourage businesses to come in here and bring your corporate jets in here and keep the economy strong by having those people come in here," Hall said. "We need to fly in and out of this airport and you can reach almost any where in the world from this airport."
Officials say that the runway also received new signs and new lights that are up to the Federal Aviation Administration standards.
- Plane makes emergency landing in Showell; no injuries reported
- Gun in carry-on leads to charges against Delaware senator
- Dover man sentenced after being caught with a gun twice in six months
- Cheswold man sentenced after raping, then trying to hire someone to kill his wife
- Carper says repealing ACA would cripple the fight against opioid addiction
- Millsboro man pleads guilty to robbery and other charges