SALISBURY, Md. - A church community is coming together to help anyway they can after one of their church members passed away in a fatal car crash on Route 50 in Annapolis.
22-year-old Ashley Murphy died at the scene of the crash Wednesday, but her 11 month son Max, who was in the backseat during the crash, is currently being treated at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore and reportedly doing well.
Sonrise Church Pastor Bryan Lloyd tells 47 ABC Ashley, her fiance Ryan Ellis, and Max have been coming to Sonrise for quite some time.
He says the outpouring of community support for Ryan and Max has been tremendous.
"It's just an awesome thing for me to see and to see the community come behind the family and you know it's not hard because this family is so awesome, everyone loves Ashley, Ryan, and Max. The community is just coming together we want to try and take the burden off of Ryan to deal with any of the financial issues that come with a tragedy like this," explains Lloyd.
Pastor Bryan tells 47 ABC that Ryan wants to thank everyone who has been supportive during this time.
Sonrise Church has also started a Give Send Go page to help Ryan with funeral expenses.
- UPDATE: 7 more arrested in drug trafficking investigation; 25 arrests total
- Ocean City beach replenishment to get $2.45M in federal funding
- OCPD: Shop owner fined for selling untaxed cigarettes
- Body of missing waterman recovered from lower Chesapeake
- Two Philadelphia men sentenced for 2015 Dover murder
- Hogan vetoes bill restricting crime record use in school admission