EASTON, Md. - A woman is facing multiple charges, after police say she was driving while impaired and nearly struck an officer, in Talbot County.
The Easton Police Department says on Saturday, officers pulled over 40-year-old Bobbie Jo Shorter, of Cambridge, for speeding on Ocean Gateway, in Easton. According to the report, during the stop, Shorter's vehicle began backing up and nearly struck a police vehicle. Police say they noticed the smell of alcohol when they made contact with Shorter.
Authorities say Shorter could not successfully complete the sobriety tests that were administered.
The 40-year-old was charged with driving while impaired, exceeding the speed limit, unsafe backing, and negligent driving. She was later released to a sober ride and is awaiting a court date.
- Man in custody after police find over 4,000 bags of heroin in Del.
- UPDATE: Del. felon surrenders to authorities
- Supreme Court to hear arguments against travel ban
- Governor announces new land conservation strategy in Va.
- Lawmakers want to make state song gender neutral
- Delaware Senate approves bill aimed at tackling mental health and gun violence