CAMBRIDGE, Md. - Cambridge Police are investigating a Tuesday night stabbing on High Street that sent one man to Shock Trauma.
At around 10:10 PM, officers responded to the 800 block of Park Lane on reports of a stabbing, officials said. Police say they found a man suffering from a stab wound to his left abdomen.
According to the victim, he was in the 500 block of High Street when a stranger walked up to him asking for a light. After telling the suspect he didn't have one, the suspect reportedly assaulted and stabbed the man.
The victim was flown to Shock Trauma in Baltimore where he was reported in stable condition as of Wednesday, police said.
The suspect is described as a black male between around 30 to 35 years old. Police say he was wearing a black sweater, light colored jeans and had a goatee.
Anyone with information on this case is encouraged to to call Cambridge Police at 443-228-3333.
- Merchant's Attic event draws thousands of bargain hunters
- Officials attempting to accelerate Convention Center renovation funding
- Greenwood Volunteer Fire Company Deputy Chief passes away
- Officials release update on Blades residents' drinking water
- Deputies: Woman shot in stomach outside American Legion in Pocomoke; investgation ongoing
- Community members listen in on panel discussing race in Sussex County