DORCHESTER COUNTY, Md. - On Saturday, July 1, 2017, deputies from the Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area of Tom’s Point on Lower Hooper’s Island for a reported body on the shoreline.
Upon arrival, deputies were taken by a tourist to a location and were able to confirm that the badly decomposed body was that of a human.
The scene was secured and processed by members of the Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office C.I.D. Division, Maryland State Police Homicide Division and the Maryland Natural Resources Special Operations Division.
Once the area was processed the remains were collected by the Coroner’s Office and transported to Baltimore for possible identification and cause of death determination.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing
- U.S. Supreme Court: Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection is narrow
- Police: Suspects unsuccessful in getting property during Dover home invasion; investigation ongoing
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.