BERLIN, Md. - In Worcester County, one church has created a box that will provide the proper necessities to community members.
The blessing box is currently placed at Bethany Methodist Church in Berlin.
You're probably wondering how it works and it's quite simple.
Anyone can come get these items that are placed in the box. And vice-verse, anyone can come and donate any items as well.
What's inside the box? Things like personal products, food items, and even pet food.
The organizer Merrie Mcelrath says 30% of the people who live in Worcester County lives below the poverty line. And creating a blessing box will better serve them.
Next week, they hope to add school supplies into the box just in time for students heading back to school.
By the end of this year, organizers hope to add five more blessing boxes in the county.
- Authorities release new details on Hebron horse farm
- Milton PD remembers fallen heroes of Delaware Law Enforcement through banner
- Code Purple extends services as cold temps continue
- Police search for Del. man wanted on multiple charges
- Man charged in connection to 2017 incident at Somerset Co. Dept. of Social Services
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified