CHANCE, Md. - Deputies say that a bicyclist was injured after being hit by a drunk driver, on Thursday evening, in Chance.
According to the Somerset County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to Deal Island Road in Chance at 7PM, for a crash involving a bicyclist and a drunk driver.
The drunk driver hit the bicyclist and the bicyclist was taken to P.R.M.C for leg injuries. The victim was then taken to Shock Trauma. The driver has been charged with numerous traffic offensives including driving under the influence.
The crash is under investigation.
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury
- One dead in Ellendale hit and run crash; investigation ongoing
- Police: Man dead after two-vehicle crash in Laurel
- Dover Police: Over 60 bags of heroin, over $11K found in drug investigation; one charged