CHANCE, Md. - Deputies say that a bicyclist was injured after being hit by a drunk driver, on Thursday evening, in Chance.
According to the Somerset County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to Deal Island Road in Chance at 7PM, for a crash involving a bicyclist and a drunk driver.
The drunk driver hit the bicyclist and the bicyclist was taken to P.R.M.C for leg injuries. The victim was then taken to Shock Trauma. The driver has been charged with numerous traffic offensives including driving under the influence.
The crash is under investigation.
- Updated Exclusive first look at SBY Marathon medal designed by local students
- One charged after fatal crash in Kent Co.
- Updated Community rallies behind Berlin business after devastating fire
- Updated Broadband networks to expand to Accomack County
- Updated Meeting held to explain golf cart laws to residents
- Updated Keeping pets protected as the weather heats up