CHANCE, Md. - Deputies say that a bicyclist was injured after being hit by a drunk driver, on Thursday evening, in Chance.
According to the Somerset County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to Deal Island Road in Chance at 7PM, for a crash involving a bicyclist and a drunk driver.
The drunk driver hit the bicyclist and the bicyclist was taken to P.R.M.C for leg injuries. The victim was then taken to Shock Trauma. The driver has been charged with numerous traffic offensives including driving under the influence.
The crash is under investigation.
- DelMarVa Model Railroad Club hosts final open house of the season
- Community supports Delaware family who lost everything in a fire
- Manning announces U.S. Senate run
- Locals audition for roles in film shot on Delmarva
- Dover police officer facing several charges including DUI following hit and run accident
- Speed and alcohol being considered as factors in serious Del. crash, police say