POCOMOKE, Md. - Pocomoke's 42nd annual Cypress Festival is back this weekend, starting Friday night at 5 p.m.
It's a family event that runs through 9 p.m. Saturday night.
Included in the festivities is a series of live music, a rock wall, carnival games, a petting zoo and finishes off with fireworks. A Dunkin' Donuts eating competition will be held in the afternoon.
This event is one of three throughout the year that helps the City Chamber of Commerce put on other events and helps with member services and education.
"As a civic organization we rely on membership dues and entrance fees to things like this and it's also a community thing and we try our best to do two things. We are a Chamber of Commerce, so we're here to promote businesses and to have networking events," said Jim Keitt, Vice President of the Chamber of Commerce.
More information can be found at pocomokechamber.com.
- Gun in carry-on leads to charges against Delaware senator
- Dover man sentenced after being caught with a gun twice in six months
- Cheswold man sentenced after raping, then trying to hire someone to kill his wife
- Carper says repealing ACA would cripple the fight against opioid addiction
- Millsboro man pleads guilty to robbery and other charges
- Rehoboth man convicted of robbery and carjacking