OCEAN CITY, Md. - Ocean City Police Department is currently investigating a fatal pedestrian collision that occurred on Sunday, May 21, 2017, at 2:24 a.m. near the intersection of 45th Street and Coastal Highway.
We are told the pedestrian was 23-year-old James R. Ednie, of Kelton, PA, and was crossing Coastal Highway near the intersection of 45th Street and Coastal Highway. According to police, the pedestrian was not using a crosswalk.
OCPD say the vehicle that struck the pedestrian was traveling northbound on Coastal Highway at the time of the collision.
Lifesaving efforts were initiated by good samaritans at the scene and continued by police and Ocean City EMS.
The pedestrian was transported to Atlantic General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The driver of the vehicle, identified as 50-year-old Stanley J. Faison of Waldorf, MD, was arrested and has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and multiple other traffic related charges.
Faison is currently being held at the Ocean City Public Safety Building pending an initial appearance before a Maryland District Court Commissioner.
- UPDATE: Leader of Del. criminal network sentenced
- Wicomico Co. house fire results in $100K in damages; investigation ongoing
- Texas bombing victim accepted at Oberlin before death
- UPDATE: Del. court rejects appeal of woman in daycare death
- Former teacher, coach pleads guilty to child porn charges in Md.
- Woman convicted for role in 2017 chase in Wicomico County