OCEAN CITY, Md. - One faith-based organization in Ocean City is doing what they can to make sure everyone has a hot meal and fellowship for the holidays.
The Ocean City Baptist Church puts together a free Thanksgiving dinner for the community every year.
The church has already started planning this year's event.
It's an ambitious event which pulls in about 100 volunteers and several hundred pounds of food, which is enough food to feed hundreds.
Pastor Sean Davis says his father came up with the idea almost 40 years ago as a way to keep people connected to their community.
"We offer all the fixings, turkey. Who doesn't love turkey? And cranberry sauce, corn, stuffing those type of things. We serve 250 in-house and deliver another 200, 300 to those working or shut-ins."
Pastor Davis says anyone interested in volunteering or coming out for a hot meal on Thanksgiving day can call the church office at: 410-289-6573
The dinner is being held at Ocean City Baptist Church on North Division Street from 10 am -1 pm on Thanksgiving Day.
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria
- Del. man guilty on gun charge relating to 2017 video