DELMARVA, USA - Although it may still be warm outside, health officials are warning flu season is already upon us.
That's why doctors are urging people to get vaccinated before the peak of the season.
To help with that Somerset County's Health department along with other health systems are doing their part to make sure everyone on Delmarva has an opportunity to protect themselves from the sometimes deadly virus.
This year, Somerset County health officials say they are offering the quad variant strain.
The vaccine covers four strains of the flu.
Health official, Sharon Lynch, says although many people still shy away from getting the shot; it makes a big difference in staying healthy.
"Some people may experience some cold like symptoms depending on their immune system but get the flu shot no matter what unless you have some religious or moral reasons not to. If you do get the flu it will lessen the severity."
Health experts say anyone with a chronic illness should get the flu shot.
Next month PRMC will be hosting a Drive-Thru Flu Clinic at Shorebirds Stadium on October 12th.
If you'd like more information on that event, just follow this link:
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury
- One dead in Ellendale hit and run crash; investigation ongoing
- Police: Man dead after two-vehicle crash in Laurel
- Dover Police: Over 60 bags of heroin, over $11K found in drug investigation; one charged