REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - On Saturday, a World War II veteran got a surprise of a lifetime.
In Rehoboth Beach, community members and a local organization called A Hero's Welcome Delaware gathered to welcome a veteran and prisoner of war, PVT Baynard Horn.
Private Horn received a welcomed from dozens of residents. Horn grew up in Wilmington and was drafted by 18.
During his years in the arm he spent time in Germany, France , and Morocco.
"It just shows that no soldier's sacrifice will be forgotten, and there are so many people that value and appreciate everything he's done for us," says Rebecca Bristow, from A Hero's Welcome Delaware.
Private Horn has also received a purple hear for his heroism during WWII.
- Flu death toll in Del. increases to 18
- UPDATE: Attorney seeks sentence of time served for FBI impersonator
- Va. House embraces Medicaid expansion in budget
- Man charged in connection to attempted motorcycle theft in Talbot Co.
- UPDATE: Police: Woman assaulted during Dover home invasion; one charged
- First trial set for man accused of shooting six in two states