LEWES, Del. - Delaware State Police arrested a Lewes woman Tuesday after she was observed committing a traffic violation and found to be under the influence for the 5th time and in possession of crack-cocaine.
According to a press release, police say 60- year old Lemonitra K. Hensley was stopped along Sweetbriar Road and Lewes-Georgetown Highway after running through a red light.
A DUI investigation insured after it became apparent that Hensley was under the influence. A computer check revealed Hensley had four previous DUI convictions.
After being transported to Troop 7 in Lewes it was also revealed that Hensley had 0.13 grams of crack-cocaine concealed in her sock.
Hensley is now charged with 5th Offense Driving Under the Influence and Possession of a Controlled Substance among other traffic related charges. She was released on $5700.00 unsecured bond.
- Locals rally in DC for March For Life
- Community writes notes of love on framing of military veteran's new home
- Local high school offers student thrift store
- Wicomico High Schools host opioid awareness day
- Wayne Hartman announces candidacy for State Delegate 38C
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers called in to do an emergency dredging of Ocean City inlet