GEORGETOWN, Del. - A Georgetown fire remains under investigation, after officials say an elderly woman died from her injuries on Thursday.
The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal says on Thursday, an 84-year-old woman died as a result injuries she sustained during a fire in Georgetown. The woman died at the Crozer Burn Center.
On Wednesday, shortly after 12:00 PM, officials say they responded to flash fire at a home on Teaberry Lane, in Georgetown. The 84-year-old victim and a 54-year-old man were injured during the incident.
officials report tht the 54-year-old man remains in critical condition in Crozer Burn Center, in Pennsylvania.
The fire remains under investigation by the Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal.
Officials report that this is the first fatality for 2018, and there were 11 fatalities in 2017.
- Wicomico County Sheriff's Office offering law enforcement explorer program for teens
- Coastal storm pounds Ocean City
- Md. first responders discuss crisis intervention strategies
- Cape Henlopen School District pushes referendum to add more classroom space
- DelDOT preps for Nor'easter
- Authorities release new details on Hebron horse farm