DOVER, Del. - A Delaware inmate was arrested in New Jersey, after the Delaware Department of Corrections say he did not return from an approved pass to the Division of Motor Vehicles, in Dover.
Officials with the Delaware DOC says on Wednesday, 62-year-old James Hayes was taken into custody in Atlantic County, NJ. Hayes, an inmate at Morris Community Correctional Center, was wanted for not returning to MCCC after an approved pass to the Division of Motor Vehicles on August 23, in Dover. According to the report, MCCC staff received a call from Atlantic County, NJ saying that Hayes was currently in their custody.
He is currently awaiting extradition back to Delaware.
- Operation Warm provides coats to hundreds of Delaware students
- Wicomico Co. drug bust leads to arrest of Parkside teacher
- UPDATE: Parkside teacher being held without bond in Salisbury; previous bond revoked
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury