SMYRNA, Del. - A Smyrna sex offender was sentenced to time in prison after being convicted on child pornography charges, in Delaware.
Officials with the Delaware Attorney General's Office say on Friday, a Superior Court judge sentenced 50-year-old Michael Dennis, of Smyrna, to six years in prison followed by three years probation, after he was convicted on two counts of dealing in child pornography and two counts of possession of child pornography, in Delaware. Dennis will also be required to register as a Tier II sex offender.
The charges stem from a February 2017 investigation where members of the Child Predator Task Force executed a search warrant at Dennis' home, on Black Diamond Road, and found images of children involved in prohibited sexual acts as defined by Delaware law. In August, Dennis pleaded guilty to the child pornography charges.
- UPDATE: Salisbury attempted murder suspect arrested in Pa.
- Del. woman arrested after allegedly making meth during traffic stop
- Md. governor signs gun violence prevention bills
- Police: Suspect wanted in connection to Salisbury shooting
- Man injured as a result of Del. shooting; investigation ongoing
- Milford traffic stop leads to seizure of over 1,000 bags of heroin; one arrested