ELLENDALE, Del. - A woman has been identified, after authorities say she was involved in a hit and run crash that resulted in the death of another Ellendale woman.
Delaware State Police say on November 16, 53-year-old Jacqueline Jenkins, of Ellendale, died as a result of a hit and run crash that happened on Old State Road (CR 213), in Ellendale. According to the report, Jenkins was thrown on the the grass near the roadway after being hit by a 2008 Pontiac G6. At the time of the initial investigation, the make and model of the vehicle and the identity of its driver were unknown.
Jenkins was apparently removed from the scene of the crash and taken to Milford Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead a short time later.
On Friday, Troopers identified the the driver of the vehicle as 61-year-old Parless Dockery, of Ellendale. Police say the Pontiac was located, inspected, and revealed evidence matching this crash.
This incident remains under investigation by the DSP Collision Reconstruction Unit.
- President Trump meeting with Apple's Tim Cook on trade
- Police: Four teen suspects arrested in teacher's carjacking
- Two sought in connection with Salisbury theft incident
- Cosby jury begins deliberations
- Former Md. police officer sentenced for lying on timesheets
- Man in custody after police find over 4,000 bags of heroin in Del.