MILFORD, Del. - A woman turned herself in to police in connection to a robbery at Milford Walmart.
The Milford Police Department says on Thursday, during an investigation of a August 3 robbery at a Walmart in Milford, police received a call from 24-year-old Shelbi Temple, of Milford, who identified herself as the female suspect wanted in connection to the incident. According to the report, Temple called the police department and told police that she was the person in the picture released by police. After identifying Temple, police issued a warrant for her arrest. Authorities say that, at this time, they found that the man in the picture was not directly involved in the theft.
Police say on August 3, Temple stole an undisclosed amount of money from a person's wallet, before leaving the Walmart store, on North DuPont Boulevard.
According to the report, on Monday, Temple turned herself in to the Milford Police Department. Temple was charged with theft under $1,500 (Deprive Person). She was later released on $100 unsecured bail with a future court date in the Kent County Court of Common Pleas.
- Regulations lead to big drop in opioid prescriptions in Del.
- Updated Police: Del. woman charged after assault on WAWA employee
- Food Lion to host job fairs at multiple Delmarva locations
- Seaford home hit by gunfire; investigation ongoing
- Lawmakers seek to end mandatory sentences for juveniles
- Police arrest two in connection with a two month long drug investigation