ELLENDALE, Del. - An arrest has allegedly been made, after officials say over 70 animals were found to be neglected at a property, in Seaford.
A source close to the family of 56-year old Donald Eilander says the Office of Animal Welfare in Delaware arrested Eilander, on Friday. Eilander was allegedly arrested for animal cruelty at Recovery Innovations, a health facility in Ellendale.
According to the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services, over 70 dogs were found at a property on October 8, in Seaford. Multiple animals were taken into custody needing emergency veterinary care and one had to be euthanized. The surviving 31 animals are currently being cared for at the Brandywine Valley SPCA Georgetown campus.
- CAMP Rehoboth Community Center Director passes away after illness
- UPDATE: One body found during search near Ocean City; Feds. continue plane crash investigation
- High school graduation rates hit record high for Del.
- Two gun control bills receive senate approval
- Wicomico County seeks arbitration
- Contrast in candidates shapes race for district four Board of Education seat