DOVER, Del. - Police say that a gold alert has been canceled for a missing teen in Dover, on Sunday.
According to Dover Police, the gold alert for 14-year-old Destini Cheesman, was canceled after she was found by police, just after 1:00 PM, on Sunday.
Cheesman was found safe and she will be given back to her guardian. A gold alert was issued for Cheesman, after she was last seen at 3:00 PM, at her home on North West Street. She was reportedly wearing jeans and a hooded sweatshirt.
Police say she has a condition that could have posed a risk to her health, if unsupervised. Police believed that her leaving was voluntary and that she may be with friends or acquaintances in the Dover or Wilmington areas.
Anyone with information on Cheesman, was asked to call 302-736-7111.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond