GEORGETOWN, Del. (AP) - A Sussex County man charged in the death of his infant son is scheduled to appear in court.
Online court records show that 39-year-old Doyle Hundley Jr. of Harbeson is scheduled to appear at plea hearing in Georgetown on Monday.
Hundley and the boy's mother, 29-year-old Casey Layton, were charged in December 2015 with first-degree murder by abuse and endangering the welfare of a child. Court records indicate that both parents were longtime drug addicts.
Authorities received a 911 call in May 2015 reporting that 3-month-old Aiden Hundley was having a seizure. He was admitted to a hospital in critical condition and remained on life support until he died four months later.
An autopsy ruled Aiden's death a homicide due to blunt force trauma to the head.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Made On Delmarva: Burley Oak Brewery
- New report calls for more resources for at-risk students
- Local legend hopes to inspire youth to follow their dreams
- Aladdin's Lamp Funhouse officially retired
- Veterinarians say, your pets can catch the flu from you
- Local doctors say it is not too late to get your flu shot