SEAFORD, Del. - Delaware State Police have identified and charged the the man who was wanted connection with a fatal child hit and run on Thursday, in Seaford.
Police say the driver, 21-year old Dwayne McConnell of Seaford, was arrested Monday morning.
Officials say McConnell was traveling northbound on German Road, between Old Furnace Road and Concord Pond Road, when he allegedly struck a 9-year old girl who was checking the mailbox at her house, before driving off.
The child was flown to A.I. Dupont Children's hospital where she was listed in critical condition and later succumbed to her injures Saturday evening.
McConnell is charged with operation of a vehicle causing death of another person, inattentive driving, leaving scene of a collision resulting in death, failure to report a collision resulting in injury or death, and possession of marijuana.
He was arraigned and released on a $6,100 unsecured bond.
- Several Governors form group to study gun violence, offer solutions
- Police: 85-year-old woman dead after Md. crash
- Budget to draw Va. Senate back to work on May 14
- Pastor arrested on child pornography charges in Del.
- President Trump meeting with Apple's Tim Cook on trade
- Police: Four teen suspects arrested in teacher's carjacking