REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - A man will not face trial after officials say a mistrial was recently declared regarding the alleged rape and kidnapping incident, in Sussex County.
The Delaware Department of Justice says 21-year-old Joshua Abele, of Dover, will not face trial after a mistrial was recently declared regarding the following charges: one count of first degree rape, one count first degree kidnapping, one count of possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, and one count of aggravated menacing.
In June 2017, Abele was accused of confronting, raping, and holding a 21-year-old woman against her will in an Oak Avenue home, in Rehoboth Beach.
On Thursday, Delaware DOJ officials tell 47ABC that the Sussex criminal prosecutors responsible for the case have decided not to retry Abele after reviewing all elements of the case.
- Code Purple extends services as cold temps continue
- Police search for Del. man wanted on multiple charges
- Man charged in connection to 2017 incident at Somerset Co. Dept. of Social Services
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested