DOVER, Del. - Police say that a body that was found on June 15 in Dover was identified.
According to Delaware State Police, although the body was identified, police will not release the identity of the person until the he/she is positively identified through the Division of Forensic Science.
Family notifications have been made, and police say that the investigation is ongoing.
On June 15 at 7:00 p.m., human remains were discovered as a person walked through the area of Dover east of Leipsic Road near Marley Lane.
The person told troopers and detectives responded to the area and confirmed them to be remains.
Anyone with information is asked to call Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond