LAUREL, Del. - Two people were arrested, after police say they were involved in a police chase during a traffic stop, in Laurel.
The Laurel Police Department says on Wednesday, around 1:00 PM, a vehicle pursuit happened, on Center Street, involving 25-year-old Gerald Scott and 23-year-old Tajhe Crossman, during a traffic stop, in Laurel. Police say the pursuit began when Scott and Crossman fled after the traffic stop. The pursuit apparently went about two miles and ended when Scott and Crossman eventually crashed. According to law enforcement, officers found 13 bags of heroin and $3,600 in suspected drug money during the incident.
Both Scott and Crossman were arrested. Authorities report that the two men have not been before a judge in relation to this incident.
- Exclusive first look at SBY Marathon medal designed by local students
- One charged after fatal crash in Kent Co.
- Community rallies behind Berlin business after devastating fire
- Broadband networks to expand to Accomack County
- Meeting held to explain golf cart laws to residents
- Keeping pets protected as the weather heats up