DOVER, Del. - Two people were arrested, after police say they found crack cocaine during a drug investigation at an apartment, in Dover.
The Dover Police Department says on Monday, just before 12:00 PM, their Street Crimes Unit and Delaware Probation and Parole made an arrest while executing an administrative search warrant at an apartment, on Par Haven Drive, in Dover. According to the report, 37-year-old Shawn Hicks was being investigated for selling crack cocaine. Officers report that they met Hicks outside of the apartment, and discovered 19-year-old Shanaia Wright inside of the apartment.
During the search, authorities say they found 21.4 grams of crack cocaine, 1.1 grams of marijuana, and drug paraphernalia.
Both Hicks and Wright were arrested and charged with possession with intent to deliver crack cocaine, possession of crack cocaine, conspiracy second degree, possession of marijuana, and drug paraphernalia (2x). He was later turned over to James T Vaughn Correctional Center on a $26,501 secured bond. Wright was turned over to Baylor Women's Correctional Center on $26,501 secured bond.
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.