BRIDGEVILLE, Del. - The Delaware State Police Homicide Unit has arrested two people in connection with the August 24th shooting incident which resulted in the death of a 19-year-old Bridgeville man.
35-year-old Preston W. Nailor of Georgetown and 20-year-old Brooke L. Squatrito of Bridgeville were both arrested on Friday after an investigation revealed that Squatrito had set up a drug deal with 19-year-old Tyron Lake in order to help Nailor rob Lake.
Once Nailor and Lake met alone at a predetermined location, Nailor entered Lake's passenger seat to conduct the drug deal. A gun battle then ensued between the two, resulting in Lake's death. Preston Nailor then called 911 to report that he had been shot.
Nailor and Squatrito are both being charged with First Degree Murder, First Degree Attempted Robbery, two counts of Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony and Second Degree Conspiracy.
The two are currently in the custody of the Delaware Department of Correction on $1,182,000.00 cash bond (Nailor) and $652,000.00 cash bond (Squatrito).
- Salisbury Zoo hosts 30 annual Earth Day celebration
- A mother's Facebook plea helps put a sex offender back behind bars
- Wicomico County Department of Corrections awarded grant
- 19th Annual Boardwalkin' for Pets to take place Saturday
- Ocean City Wind Turbine Petition Gets Support from Mayor, City Council
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project