SUSSEX COUNTY, Del. - Transportation officials are asking for the public's input on proposed realignment and intersection improvements of Old Orchard Road, in Sussex County.
Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) says on February 21, a public workshop will be held from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM at Cape Henlopen High School Cafeteria, on Kings Highway, in Lewes. DelDOT says the purpose of this project is to improve safety and operations by relocating the existing Old Orchard Road approach at Savannah Road to the existing signalized intersection of Savannah Road and Wescoats Road.
Officials say attendees will have the opportunity to review display maps of the proposed alternative and provide comments. The project team members will be in attendance to answer questions.
In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held at the same location on February 22.
Interested persons are invited to express their views in writing, giving reasons for or in opposition to the proposed project. Comments will be received during the Public Workshop or can be mailed to DelDOT Community Relations, P.O. Box 778, Dover, DE 19903 or sent via email to email@example.com.
The comment deadline will be Thursday, March 22.
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing
- U.S. Supreme Court: Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection is narrow
- Police: Suspects unsuccessful in getting property during Dover home invasion; investigation ongoing
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.