BRIDGEVILLE, Del. - A man is facing drug charges, after troopers say he had over 200 bags of heroin in his possession during a traffic violation, in Bridgeville.
Delaware State Police say on Tuesday, around 11:39 AM, a trooper on patrol in the area of North Mill Park Drive noticed a tan Chevrolet caprice stopped in the roadway with a person standing at the driver's side window, in Bridgeville. Troopers report that the driver was not wearing a seatbelt as the car started to drive, away and the trooper was able to make a U-turn and pull the vehicle over. According to the report, 33-year-old Willie Massey, of Bridgeville, was contacted as he exited his vehicle, and a computer check revealed that his driver's license was suspended and he had two warrants out of Sussex County courts.
At that point, DSP says a search of the area of where Massey was standing once he exited the vehicle revealed multiple bundles of suspected heroin and a bag of suspected crack cocaine. According to the report, once arriving back a Troop 5, Massey was removed from the back seat of the patrol vehicle and more bundles of heroin were found on the seat. Authorities report that they seized a total of 221 bags (1.547 grams) of heroin, 13.51 grams of crack cocaine, and more than $2,100 in suspected drug proceeds.
Massey was charged with possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance (crack cocaine), possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance (heroin), possession of a controlled substance (crack cocaine), possession of a controlled substance (heroin), tampering with physical evidence, two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, driving while suspended or revoked, failure to insurance in possession, stopping in roadway, along with other traffic related offenses.
He was later turned over to the Sussex Correctional Institution on a $45,602 secure bond.
- Police: Dover man arrested after search finds 24 grams of marijuana in his vehicle in Milford
- Maryland Governor Hogan announces construction on final phase of widening Worcester Hwy
- Deputies: Ridgely man suffers burns after igniting trash in burn pile using gasoline
- Seaford man arrested for allegedly assaulting woman in front of children in Milford
- Students report being spat on by faculty member at Salisbury U student sponsored event
- Police: Man injured after being hit by train in Salisbury; investigation ongoing