FREDERICA, Del. - Transportation officials announce lane closures for an upcoming project that will happen later this month, in Frederica.
The Delaware Department of Transportation says lane closures will go into effect for Route 1 northbound, near South Skeeter Neck Road, as part of the ongoing Route 1 Little Heaven Grade Separated Intersection Project. Officials say the lane closures will begin at 9:00 AM through 8:00 PM on February 27.
One lane will remain open to drivers at all times. DelDOT says the road work will complete the traffic switch for Route 1 northbound onto its temporary alignment. Also a part of the project, a new traffic signal will apparently be activated at Bowers Beach Road, at the intersection of the Route 1 northbound temporary alignment, on February 27.
Drivers can anticipate delays in the area.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria