MILFORD, Del. - A Felton teen is in custody, after police say he was involved in a robbery at a stationery store, in Milford.
The Milford Police Department says on Monday, they responded to a reported robbery which happened at the Card Smart, in the Milford Plaza. Police say just after 3:20 PM, a 17-year-old boy went into the store and demanded money, while implying there was a weapon in his pocket.
According to the report, the store staff did not comply with the teen's demands and called the police. The juvenile then apparently fled the scene on foot.
Officers reportedly located the 17-year-old in the 700 block North DuPont Boulevard (US Route 113). Milford PD says after a short foot pursuit, the teen was taken into custody and charged with robbery first degree and resisting arrest.
Authorities report that the Felton teen was issued $10,500 secured bail and then turned over the the William Marion Stevenson House Detention Center.
- Local students participate in unique "Trashion Show"
- Exclusive first look at SBY Marathon medal designed by local students
- One charged after fatal crash in Kent Co.
- Community rallies behind Berlin business after devastating fire
- Broadband networks to expand to Accomack County
- Meeting held to explain golf cart laws to residents