GEORGETOWN, Del. - Traffic was temporarily disrupted, after police say they investigated a suspicious package that was left outside of a government building, in Georgetown.
The Georgetown Police Department says on Friday, around 7:25 AM, officers were called to investigate a black plastic case that was lying against the wall of the Sussex County Administrative Building # 2, on the Georgetown Circle.
According to the report, police were assisted by Delaware Capitol Police K-9 Unit and determined that the package was safe.
The package reportedly contained various office equipment.
- Ocean City bills impacting distilling and special events zones signed into law
- Governor Larry Hogan signs multiple gun control bills
- Residents voice concerns over CAFO potentially affecting water quality in Worcester County
- Assateague Island National Seashore to increase entrance fees for visitors
- Fox's Pizza Den Opens First Maryland Restaurant in Berlin
- Day 2: Raymond Murray murder trial