DOVER, Del. - Police say that they are looking for a 21-year-old man, who fled from a vehicle stop, on Thursday evening, in Dover.
According to Dover Police, at 6:14 p.m. on Thursday evening, officers from the Department's Street Crimes Unit and Delaware Probation and Parole tried to arrest 21-year-old James Palmer of Dover, in the parking lot of Food Lion on Forrest Avenue, on numerous warrants.
When officers met with Palmer, they reportedly smelled marijuana in the vehicle. Palmer then allegedly refused to follow officers orders. Police say that when officers tried to open the driver's side door, Palmer put his vehicle in drive and fled the scene.
Officers followed Palmer until police say that Palmer fled from his vehicle in the area of Westville Road and Greens Village Drive in Wyoming and ran through a portion of Fifer's Orchard.
Despite help from a department K9 unit and Delaware State Police Aviation, officers could not find Palmer. He is currently wanted on possession of marijuana, resisting arrest, second degree reckless endangering, disregarding a police signal and eleven additional traffic offenses.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to call Dover Police at 302-736-7111. Callers can stay anonymous. Tips can also be submitted to law enforcement through tip lines maintained by Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or online.
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.